Unfortunately, since the groundhog was able to see his shadow, we have 6 more weeks of winter. Winter is usually the harshest season on your feet, especially when it comes to dryness. Fear not my friends, this week I have a recipe for you to make your own homemade foot cream that will help prevent foot dryness/cracking. Check out the ingredients and instructions below:
- 1 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup emulsifying wax
- 1/4 cup Organic Rosehip Seed Oil
- 25 drops Lavender Oil
- Combine Rosehip Seed Oil and emulsifying wax in a glass measuring cup and microwave for 1 minute until melted.
- Add the essential oil into the melted wax/Rosehip Seed Oil mixture.
- Microwave 1 1/4 cup of water for 1 minute.
- Pour the heated water over the wax/oil mixture and stir.
Pour into pint size jars and allow to cool overnight.
The next day you can start applying the cream to your feet. The key to this cream is the Rosehip seed oil. Rosehip oil is considered a “dry” oil, which means it soaks into the skin easily, and does not leave a greasy residue. Additionally, it is a wonderful hydrator, and penetrates dry or damaged skin immediately.
Some of these ingredients may seem a bit uncommon, but you can find them at many places across the web. Give this recipe a try and you won’t be disappointed.
Post by Billy Kanter