1) How did you first hear about Juil?
I've been following Katie, “the Wellness Mama”, for about a year now and she recommended them as part of her barefoot shoe review. The styles were unlike any "health" shoe I'd ever seen before and impossible to resist.
2) Before Juil, had you ever heard of the concept of grounding/earthing?
I first learned about the benefits of going barefoot from Mark Sisson's book "The Primal Connection", and then I started looking for clean, grassy patches in my urban jungle where I could go barefoot, even if just for a few minutes. From my experience, grounding/earthing instantly reduces my stress, and brings back memories of being a child and running around barefoot.
3) What are your thoughts on alternative healing methods and grounding/earthing in particular?
I think it's very sad that we have totally lost touch with our bodies and need to be reminded of our connections with nature. My family has switched to a Paleo diet and experienced amazing improvements in our health. Grounding is the next frontier on that journey for us.
4) How have Juil and earthing shoes helped you feel better and be better?
I have two small children so needless to say, I have a hectic life…even just thinking of grounding with my Juil sandals helps me to relax. I wear them for hours walking on pavement and find them to be much more comfortable than my other sandals. And they are so attractive! I've had many friends ask me about them without realizing their hidden benefits.
5) Aside from earthing/grounding, what are your favorite ways to stay connected, balanced, and calm?
I try to spend as much time in nature as possible. It's amazing how my children and I can spend hours watching leaves blowing in the breeze, the reflections of sunlight dancing on the water, and the flickering glow of a campfire.
6) Anything else you’d like to add?
Thanks to the creators of Juil for making healthy sandals that are both stylish and affordable! The online ordering process was very easy!
Post by David Gelfand